Artichoke Grilled Steak Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steaks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, artichokes and mushrooms. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, oregano, rosemary, pepper and garlic. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
- Thinly slice steaks across the grain. Add beef and spinach to vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
Mar 16, 2008
this is good with Feta and Mandarin Oranges
Mar 16, 2008
Loaded with veggies and laced with a tasty herb dressing, this satisfying, grilled-steak salad from our Test Kitchen boasts an easygoing elegance. Pair it with a crusty loaf of bread and red wine or iced tea for patio dinner or picnic.View this recipe now