Artichoke Grilled Steak Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steaks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, artichokes and mushrooms. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, oregano, rosemary, pepper and garlic. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
- Thinly slice steaks across the grain. Add beef and spinach to vegetable mixture; toss to coat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2008
this is good with Feta and Mandarin Oranges
Mar 16, 2008
Loaded with veggies and laced with a tasty herb dressing, this satisfying, grilled-steak salad from our Test Kitchen boasts an easygoing elegance. Pair it with a crusty loaf of bread and red wine or iced tea for patio dinner or picnic.View this recipe now