Artichoke & Green Bean Penne
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and red pepper in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in the artichokes, Mascarpone cheese, cream, salt and pepper. Heat through (do not boil).
- Drain beans and pasta; stir into artichoke mixture. Add almonds and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 305 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 15, 2018
I did alter this recipe just slightly. Instead of green beans, I used asparagus, which I steamed beforehand. I also left out the mushrooms. I did use slivered almonds but didn't toast them.I thought this was VERY good! I cut this in half for just my husband and I as a main meal, and that was a big mistake! It's so good, I was hoping for more leftovers. As a main meal, after I cut it in half, it really only seemed to feed 3 good sized portions (so full recipe maybe only 6-7 servings). Keep that in mind. Overall, a pretty simple meal, and so very delicious! I can't wait to make this again!