Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sourdough baguette (1 pound)
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the baguette into 32 slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; spritz bread with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 7-10 minutes or until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, artichokes, basil, oil, seasoned salt and pepper. Spoon onto bread slices.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 106 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 13, 2018
Great start but I did use the marinated artichokes as it needed more seasoning. Will definitely make again and play with the recipe a little more. Simple and light appetizer that everyone really enjoyed.
Mar 1, 2015
Delicious, loved it!
Nov 19, 2012
I changed just a tad.I put this on sour dough slices and put a bit of swiss cheese on top and toasted. YUM YUM YUM
Aug 3, 2010
I changed just a few things. I used marinated artichoke hearts, added some salt to taste, and drizzled the bread with olive oil, onion powder and garlic powder. It was nom nom nom!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.