Artichoke Crab Appetizer
Crabmeat is a deliciously different addition to a standard appetizer spread. Dijon mustard and hot pepper sauce provide a bit of zip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Toasted French bread slices
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, mustard, vinegars, garlic, basil, onion powder, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, crab and onions. Add dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with French bread.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 94 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Crab and Artichoke with Dijon in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007