Artichoke Chicken with Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken, onion and bay leaf in butter for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in sherry or broth. Add the artichokes, mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream and Parmesan cheese; heat through (do not boil). Drain linguine; serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 683 calories, 36g fat (12g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 15, 2015
This recipe has become a family favorite. It's easy to make and everyone loves it. This could be served in a restaurant. Love, love, love! My all time favorite!
Jun 4, 2013
I substituted white wine for the sherry and used fresh garlic (1 toe chopped fine) and 1/4 tsp salt. Everyone loved it. No leftovers! This is a keeper. Thanks.
Apr 3, 2012
This is a delicious recipe. I would chop the artichokes and mushrooms before starting the chicken and linguine.
Dec 21, 2010
Excellent! I used light sour cream, mayo and whole grain linguine. I substituted canola oil for the butter, and it turned out great. I had a little more than 10 oz chicken, so I upped all the other ingredients a bit. Easy, stove-top recipe for a weeknight.