Artichoke Chicken with Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken, onion and bay leaf in butter for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in sherry or broth. Add the artichokes, mushrooms, garlic salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream and Parmesan cheese; heat through (do not boil). Drain linguine; serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 683 calories, 36g fat (12g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Sep 15, 2015
This recipe has become a family favorite. It's easy to make and everyone loves it. This could be served in a restaurant. Love, love, love! My all time favorite!
Jun 4, 2013
I substituted white wine for the sherry and used fresh garlic (1 toe chopped fine) and 1/4 tsp salt. Everyone loved it. No leftovers! This is a keeper. Thanks.
Apr 3, 2012
This is a delicious recipe. I would chop the artichokes and mushrooms before starting the chicken and linguine.
Dec 21, 2010
Excellent! I used light sour cream, mayo and whole grain linguine. I substituted canola oil for the butter, and it turned out great. I had a little more than 10 oz chicken, so I upped all the other ingredients a bit. Easy, stove-top recipe for a weeknight.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.