Artichoke Chicken Pockets
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 1-1/4 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- Marinara sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Unroll pizza dough; cut into six 4-1/2-in. squares. Spoon 1 cup chicken mixture onto the center of each square; brush edges of dough with water. Fold one corner of each square over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle. Using a fork, crimp edges to seal.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Place pockets in pan; prick tops with a fork. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 355 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 15, 2017
I loved this and it was heaping full of flavor -I loved having tons of the filling on each square
Oct 26, 2009
These were very filling and flavorful! I, too, had a hard time fitting a whole cup of filling into each square. Guess next time I'll roll out the dough flatter or something. Otherwise, fantastic.
Oct 20, 2009
I love the flavor of this but I found it difficult to contain the amount of filling in the small amount of dough. I think you need to stretch the small squares of dough before filling them. They taste delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.