- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 1-1/4 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- Marinara sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Unroll pizza dough; cut into six 4-1/2-in. squares. Spoon 1 cup chicken mixture onto the center of each square; brush edges of dough with water. Fold one corner of each square over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle. Using a fork, crimp edges to seal.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Place pockets in pan; prick tops with a fork. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forArtichoke Chicken Pockets
"I loved this and it was heaping full of flavor -I loved having tons of the filling on each square"
"These were very filling and flavorful! I, too, had a hard time fitting a whole cup of filling into each square. Guess next time I'll roll out the dough flatter or something. Otherwise, fantastic."
"I love the flavor of this but I found it difficult to contain the amount of filling in the small amount of dough. I think you need to stretch the small squares of dough before filling them. They taste delicious."