Give this pizza a try, and you'll see how easily convenience foods can transform your kitchen into an aromatic pizzeria. Marinated artichoke hearts help gives that rich entree a flavorful twist, breaking up ordinary weeknight fare. And if time's tight, save a few minutes by using a package of cooked and cubed chicken.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: Our All-Time Best Pizzas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, well drained
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Prick pastry thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the tomatoes, artichokes, olives and oregano. Remove from the heat.
- Spread Alfredo sauce over crust. With a slotted spoon, spoon chicken mixture over sauce; sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Chicken Pizza in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p10
Reviews forArtichoke Chicken Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2013
"We also added pimento stuffed green olives. Great recipe!"