Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet
Every Saturday for 10 years, my husband has gotten together with his " breakfast club"-good friends who take turns cooking for the group in their homes. The "boys" all love his cheesy artichoke omelet, and Jack appreciates the easy cleanup.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and minced chives, optional
- Spread salsa in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Top with the artichoke hearts and cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sour cream. Pour over the cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomatoes, olives and chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 256 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 209mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Feb 17, 2014
Think I'll put the tomatoes in while it bakes next time.
Sep 17, 2011
I added a small can sliced mushrooms buttons (drained of course) Its a keeper!
Dec 24, 2007
This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!