Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet
Every Saturday for 10 years, my husband has gotten together with his " breakfast club"-good friends who take turns cooking for the group in their homes. The "boys" all love his cheesy artichoke omelet, and Jack appreciates the easy cleanup.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and minced chives, optional
- Spread salsa in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Top with the artichoke hearts and cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sour cream. Pour over the cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomatoes, olives and chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 256 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 209mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Artichoke Cheese Oven Omelet in Country Woman March/April 2003
Feb 17, 2014
Think I'll put the tomatoes in while it bakes next time.
Sep 17, 2011
I added a small can sliced mushrooms buttons (drained of course) Its a keeper!
Dec 24, 2007
This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!