Artichoke-Cheese French Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise; carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, pepper Jack cheese, sour cream, green chilies, garlic and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spoon filling into bread shells; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Ring in the New Year with this amazing French bread appetizer. The creamy artichoke mixture is heaped on top of lightly toasted bread and then sprinkled with cheddar.
1 slice: 337 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke-Cheese French Bread
"Used 1 T taco seasoning as we cant get green chillies here. It was very good & the visitors loved it. Nice change. I found it made enough filling for 2 loaves & served 20. Tasty & different!"
"I made this bread for Christmas Eve last year. Everyone loved it. I now have to make it for all holidays and gatherings. I do toast the bread shells under the broiler first before putting in the filling to help keep it from getting too soggy, but otherwise follow the recipe exactly. It is delicious!"