I dressed up the classic Italian trio of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil with marinated artichokes. It looks so yummy on a pretty platter set out on a buffet. Using fresh mozzarella is the key to its great taste. —Margaret Wilson, San Bernardino, California
Featured In: 48 Ways to Cook Fresh, Juicy Tomatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1/2 cup marinade. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and reserved marinade.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the artichokes, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil. Drizzle with vinaigrette. If desired, sprinkle with coarsely ground pepper. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Caprese Platter in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p39
Reviews forArtichoke Caprese Platter
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2014
"Delicious! I took this to a party and everyone loved the addition of artichokes."
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2013
"I made for a baby shower luncheon and received requests to make again"