Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Bake loaf according to package directions; cool. Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the artichokes, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and garlic; spread evenly over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 151 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 26, 2017
This was excellent!
May 3, 2011
Fantastic! We used crusty French bread from the bakery to speed up the process. Great dish to bring to a party!
Nov 30, 2010
This was a huge hit with young and old alike! Will be making for every holiday here on out.
Mar 8, 2010
My husband loves this recipe. It frequently gets requested