Artichoke Bean Rice Salad Recipe
In her Soldier, Iowa kitchen, Bernice Knutson throws together this unique salad that takes advantage of an extra cup of cooked rice. Friends and family are sure to enjoy the cool refreshing combination of artichoke hearts, avocado, beans and colorful peppers.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cold cooked rice
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oil and lemon juice. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 228 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Artichoke Bean Rice Salad
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2010
"This is a delicious salad! Lots of flavorscombine to make this interesting and adish that I'll serve over and over."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC