Artichoke & Bacon Cauliflower Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 6 pieces bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Stir in the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with artichoke hearts, cheese and bacon.
Mar 28, 2020
I make this soup at least once every month. It is so delicious and satisfying and the ingredients are so great together. Once the cauliflower is soft and blended, I add ALL of the remaining ingredients right into the pan. I don’t add the cheese and bacon as a topping, I add it right into the pan. SOOOO GOOD!
Oct 27, 2012
Although I love cream of cauliflower soup, artichoke hearts, AND bacon, I didn't think these elements really complimented one another in this soup. The soup itself was okay, but no better than what I make without a recipe, and the artichoke hearts and bacon really added nothing. I saw this recipe and couldn't wait to make it, but after a couple of bowls, am throwing out the rest. Disappointing.
Sep 30, 2012
So easy to make and my 4 and 2 year olds ate 2 big bowls..even my picky husband loved it!