Artichoke & Bacon Cauliflower Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 6 pieces bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Stir in the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with artichoke hearts, cheese and bacon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2019
Love this soup and my husband does too!! This has become our go to when craving soup. We both like cauliflower and artichokes and the combination is just delicious.
Oct 27, 2012
Although I love cream of cauliflower soup, artichoke hearts, AND bacon, I didn't think these elements really complimented one another in this soup. The soup itself was okay, but no better than what I make without a recipe, and the artichoke hearts and bacon really added nothing. I saw this recipe and couldn't wait to make it, but after a couple of bowls, am throwing out the rest. Disappointing.
Sep 30, 2012
So easy to make and my 4 and 2 year olds ate 2 big bowls..even my picky husband loved it!