My family excepts me to bring these bruschetta to every function. The artichoke sun-dried tomato combination is a tasty alternative to the traditional versions. I've even tossed the mixture with spaghetti for a fun change of pace.—
Recommended: 30 Fresh Tomato Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- Brush baguette slices with oil. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place the artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, and ½ cup cheese in a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon on each bread slice; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until top is bubbly. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Artichoke and Sun-dried Tomato Bruschetta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p77