The combination of fresh flavors make this pretty egg bake a great entree for a special occasion brunch or light luncheon. Just add homemade sausage patties and strawberry-topped bruschetta to make it a complete meal. —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Minced chives, optional
- Cook artichokes according to package directions; drain. Cool slightly; coarsely chop. Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in oregano and artichokes; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with artichoke mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Pour over artichoke mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If desired, sprinkle with minced chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Double Cheese Artichoke Frittata in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p188