This pretty side dish goes well with just about any main course…and it even makes a fantastic meatless entree! Featuring colorful produce, toasted almonds and a creamy sauce, it’s sure to satisfy.
Recommended: 30-Minute Chicken Breast Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and red pepper in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in the artichokes, Mascarpone cheese, cream, salt and pepper. Heat through (do not boil).
- Drain beans and pasta; stir into artichoke mixture. Add almonds and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke & Green Bean Penne in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p48