This pretty side dish goes well with just about any main course…and it even makes a fantastic meatless entree! Featuring colorful produce, toasted almonds and a creamy sauce, it’s sure to satisfy.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and red pepper in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in the artichokes, Mascarpone cheese, cream, salt and pepper. Heat through (do not boil).
- Drain beans and pasta; stir into artichoke mixture. Add almonds and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke & Green Bean Penne in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p48
Reviews forArtichoke & Green Bean Penne
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2016
"i have never tried artichokes with this type of recipe and was so suprised how much i loved it! it was delicious"