- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and red pepper in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in the artichokes, Mascarpone cheese, cream, salt and pepper. Heat through (do not boil).
- Drain beans and pasta; stir into artichoke mixture. Add almonds and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forArtichoke & Green Bean Penne
"I did alter this recipe just slightly. Instead of green beans, I used asparagus, which I steamed beforehand. I also left out the mushrooms. I did use slivered almonds but didn't toast them.I thought this was VERY good! I cut this in half for just my husband and I as a main meal, and that was a big mistake! It's so good, I was hoping for more leftovers. As a main meal, after I cut it in half, it really only seemed to feed 3 good sized portions (so full recipe maybe only 6-7 servings). Keep that in mind. Overall, a pretty simple meal, and so very delicious! I can't wait to make this again!"