Around the World Tapenade
Featuring flavors from around the globe, this recipe is a trip for the taste buds! Chopping the ingredients in a food processor keeps things quick and easy.—Kim Rila, Leesburg, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup chopped poblano pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 16 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until blended. Spoon 1 tablespoon tapenade onto each baguette slice.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 63 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Around the World Red Pepper Tapenade in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.