These fun cupcakes take a favorite sunny-day refresher and turn it into dessert. Add a slice of lemon on top for a puckery finish. —Jessee Arriaga, Reno, Nevada
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- ICED TEA FROSTING:
- 9 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup iced tea mix with lemon and sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick).
- Fill 30 lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup batter. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine butter and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. In another small bowl, stir together milk and iced tea mix until dissolved. Add to butter mixture; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Arnold Palmer Cupcakes in Taste of Home April/May 2018