Armstrong Olive Quiche
For a wonderful brunch dish, try this quiche. Instead of a pie crust, potatoes are used as the 'crust'. It is delicious.—Armstrong Olives, Mike and Cindy Armstrong, Porterville, California
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (or grate your own cooked potatoes)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, seeded
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spicy olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Press potatoes between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate to form crust. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until crust rim is golden brown. Remove from oven. Spread chilies, cheeses and olives in crust. Beat milk with eggs, salt and pepper. Pour mixture slowly into crust. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes our clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 284 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Sep 3, 2019
Hands down my favorite breakfast casserole, and I always get asked for the recipe. I substitute a can of Rotel instead of just green chilies for an extra kick (but just green chilies are great, too). I also use regular ol' green olives.