My family is from Argentina, which has a strong Italian heritage and large cattle ranches. This all-in-one lasagna is packed with meat, cheese and veggies. —Sylvia Maenenr, Omaha, Nebraska
Featured In: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- Fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, pepper and 2 cups mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, ricotta cheese, peas and spinach.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, 1-1/4 cups meat sauce and 1-1/4 cups spinach mixture. Repeat layers three times. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. (Pan will be full.)
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with basil and serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Argentine Lasagna in Easy Ground Beef Recipe Cards 2013 2013
Reviews forArgentine Lasagna
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2014
"This was the best! I would use Italian sausage next time."