- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; saute garlic 1 minute. Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in broth and herbs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and beans; cook, covered, over medium heat until heated through and rice is tender, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach until wilted. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forArborio Rice and White Bean Soup
"I'm giving this two stars because it's healthy, quick and easy to prepare all in one pot. Plus, it's really budget friendly. The texture of the rice, beans, and veggies all works. However, the flavor just isn't there, and that is the most important thing. I made the recipe as stated, but also added chopped onion, yellow bell pepper, salt and pepper to try to jazz it up. I also used a very good brand of veggie broth. It was still bland. My husband normally loves leftovers, but wouldn't bring this to work. I ate some of the leftover, but it didn't improve overnight."