VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; saute garlic 1 minute. Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in broth and herbs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and beans; cook, covered, over medium heat until heated through and rice is tender, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach until wilted. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Arborio Rice and White Bean Soup in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018