VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- SPICED NUTS:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups lightly salted mixed nuts (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine peppercorns and allspice; grind until mixture becomes a fine powder. Add cinnamon and nutmeg; grind until blended. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- For spiced nuts, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, microwave honey for 30-45 seconds or until bubbly. Stir in nuts. Transfer to a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and 1 tablespoon Baharat spice mix. Sprinkle over nuts and toss to coat. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Arabian Spiced Nuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p131