VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 18 whole cloves
- 6 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches), broken
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a blender or food processor, blend apricots and liquid until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan. Add pineapple juice, cider and orange juice. Place the cloves and cinnamon sticks in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string to form a bag. Add to saucepan. (Or place loose spices in saucepan and strain before serving.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve hot in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Holiday Wassail in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p13
Reviews forApricot Wassail
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2011
"Pretty good...oddly enough it reminds me a lot of Russian Tea. It's a nice warm drink for cold evenings. For me, one glass was plenty."