Apricot Turkey Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 turkey bacon strips
- 4 pieces multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 3 ounces thinly sliced deli peppered turkey
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 pieces leaf lettuce
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Spread two toast slices with jam. Layer with turkey, bacon, tomato, onion, lettuce and cheese. Spread remaining toast with mustard; place on top.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 338 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1109mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 24, 2014
I was not particularly fond of this. The only real excitement was the sauce and it just wasn't enough for me.
Mar 22, 2014
Delicious! We tried to take the leftovers as wraps, but those weren't as good (got soggy).
Jan 7, 2014
Not Diabetic friendly with 2 TBSP JAM and also 2 slices tomato which is a fruit and contains more sugar. I have seen many recipes in TOH that say Diabetic friendly when actually they are not.
Jan 20, 2013
I made this for lunch today, as indicated except for with real bacon and with Monterey Jack instead of Swiss (don't like Swiss). It was good!
Feb 29, 2012
I made this sandwich on croissants (yum!) I was leery of the apricot jam - I've never had it before, and actually couldn't find it in the grocery but got something called "apricot preserves". It was surprisingly amazing on this sandwich! The combo of flavors was delectable! I wish we had leftovers so I could eat it for lunch tomorrow!
Jun 30, 2009
Ingredients for Apricot Turkey Sandwiches???
Jun 30, 2009
Where's the ingredients?