- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cashews
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add cookie mix and mix well.
- Place egg white and cashews in separate shallow bowls. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then roll in cashews.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Fill with preserves. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forApricot Thumbprints
"I love this recipe.I made it with my mom for an early Christmas celebration. We used salted cashews which gave the cookies a sweet & salty quality. Yum!"
"I am giving this 3 stars on the recipe as written. I have been making this recipe since it was published in Country Woman magazine in 2012. I have revised as follows and think it improves the cookie. Instead of using cashews, use almonds or pecans. Do not put the preserves in the cookie until after baking. Putting the preserves in before you bake them causes the preserves to run out of the well in the top. Instead, immediately after baking, put a small indention in the middle of the cookie and put the preserves in then. These cookies have a mild flavor reminiscent of a grandmother's cookie."