Apricot Tea Bread
I received this recipe from a radio program many years ago. It has been a favorite of my family ever since.—Lyn Robitaille, East Hartland, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in apricots and pecans.
- Spoon into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 216 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Tea Loaf in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.