Apricot Tea Bread
I received this recipe from a radio program many years ago. It has been a favorite of my family ever since. —Lyn Robitaille, East Hartland, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in apricots and pecans.
- Spoon into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 216 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Tea Loaf in Country Woman Christmas 2008