- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter, cream cheese and flour. Chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the apricots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Drain. Add the pecans, sugar, marmalade, cinnamon and cloves; set aside. Shape dough into 24 balls. press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffins cups. Spoon apricot mixture into cups. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For topping, combine cream cheese and butter in a small mixing bowl. Stir in vanilla until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar. Spoon a dollop onto each tart just before serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forApricot Tarts
"I will make again, maybe not adding the cloves, I'm not crazy about the clove flavor....but is a good and different kind of cookie, I also have to improve on shaping of the dough in the muffin tins, mine was thicker than the pic thus couldn't get as much filling in them, will try to perfect next time!"