Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- APRICOT FILLING:
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, bring apricots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain. Add the pecans, sugar, marmalade, cinnamon and cloves; set aside.
- Shape dough into 24 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Spoon filling into cups.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spoon a dollop onto each tart. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 117 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 14, 2010
I will make again, maybe not adding the cloves, I'm not crazy about the clove flavor....but is a good and different kind of cookie, I also have to improve on shaping of the dough in the muffin tins, mine was thicker than the pic thus couldn't get as much filling in them, will try to perfect next time!