Apricot-Stuffed Turkey Breast
For a new take on turkey, give this recipe a try. It cooks on the grill, and it's stuffed with a sensational apricot mixture.—Bonnie De Meyer, New Carlisle, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons water or unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cut a horizontal slit into thickest part of turkey to form a 5x4-in. pocket; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, apricots, pecans, 2 tablespoons water, oil, garlic salt and rosemary. Stuff into pocket of turkey. Secure opening with metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill turkey, covered, over medium indirect heat for 50 minutes.
- Combine mustard and remaining water; brush over turkey. Grill 10-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.