Apricot Strudel Sticks
When I share this recipe, folks often do a double take when they see ice cream in the pastry! The recipe makes 6 dozen, so you have plenty to both keep and share.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups French vanilla ice cream, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) apricot cake and pastry filling
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in butter until crumble. Add ice cream, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Refrigerate overnight.
- Shape dough into six balls. Lightly sprinkle work surface with confectioners' sugar; roll out each ball into a 13-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread apricot filling evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with raisins and pecans; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Roll up jelly-roll style into a tight roll, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Carefully place on three greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Cut each roll into 12 slices; sprinkle cut sides with confectioners' sugar.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Solo brand cake and pastry filling. Look for it in the baking aisle.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 193 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.