Orpha Campbell MIDLAND, TEXAS Searching for a light and refreshing dessert that you can make ahead? Try this pretty sherbet that bursts with the invigorating flavor of apricot. It’s the perfect summertime treat.
Recommended: 36 Allergy-Free Treats For Kids
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups apricot nectar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Apricot Sherbet in Country June/July 2008, p49