Orpha Campbell MIDLAND, TEXAS Searching for a light and refreshing dessert that you can make ahead? Try this pretty sherbet that bursts with the invigorating flavor of apricot. It’s the perfect summertime treat.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 2-1/4 cups apricot nectar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 291 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Sherbet in Country June/July 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.