Apricot Sausage Links
"This is an attractive contribution to any brunch," promises Joann Frazier Hensley of McGaheysville, Virginia. A nicely spiced sauce glazes hearty pork sausages, canned apricot halves and maraschino cherries to create a swift side dish that complements pancakes, waffles or French toast.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) apricot halves
- 1 package (10 ounces) uncooked pork sausage links
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Drain apricots, reserving 1 cup juice. Arrange apricots in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved apricot juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in the lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon; pour over apricots.
- Place sausages and cherries over apricots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 192 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Sausage Links in Quick Cooking March/April 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.