Apricot Salsa Chicken Recipe
In an unusual but tongue-tingling combination, apricots and salsa smother pieces of chicken with a sweet and spicy sauce in this recipe by Grace Yaskovic of Branchville, New Jersey.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add chicken; turn to coat. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain. Stir in salsa, preserves and nectar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and meat juices run clear. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 293 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Salsa Chicken
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC