In an unusual but tongue-tingling combination, apricots and salsa smother pieces of chicken with a sweet and spicy sauce in this recipe by Grace Yaskovic of Branchville, New Jersey.
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients; add chicken in batches. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until browned on each side; drain. Stir in the salsa, preserves and nectar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Salsa Chicken in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p8
Reviews forApricot Salsa Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review