Apricot Rice Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, apricots, parsley and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 330 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 7, 2015
This rice dish is a nice complement to the Glazed Cornish hens as pictured. I used diced dried mango and it was received by ALL at Easter dinner!
Jan 2, 2015
This stuffing recipe is a really nice complement to orange glazed roast duck. I think it would also pair nicely with any other roasted poultry. My son even tried it, and he is very picky. I'm planning on making this to accompany a roast turkey breast at my next family gathering.
Dec 4, 2012
Don't waste your time.