Apricot Rice Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, apricots, parsley and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 330 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 7, 2015
This rice dish is a nice complement to the Glazed Cornish hens as pictured. I used diced dried mango and it was received by ALL at Easter dinner!
Jan 2, 2015
This stuffing recipe is a really nice complement to orange glazed roast duck. I think it would also pair nicely with any other roasted poultry. My son even tried it, and he is very picky. I'm planning on making this to accompany a roast turkey breast at my next family gathering.
Dec 4, 2012
Don't waste your time.