- 8 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped orange pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup chopped lemon pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place apricots in a bowl and cover with water; soak overnight. Drain and place in a Dutch oven. Add sugar, rhubarb, orange and lemon. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 220°, stirring frequently. Stir in walnuts.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. . Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews forApricot Rhubarb Conserve
"the flavour was really good, but too sweet, I did cut the sugar by 1/2 cup. Will def do this again."