VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped orange pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup chopped lemon pulp and peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place apricots in a bowl and cover with water; soak overnight. Drain and place in a Dutch oven. Add sugar, rhubarb, orange and lemon. Cook over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 220°, stirring frequently. Stir in walnuts.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. . Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Apricot Rhubarb Conserve in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p9
Reviews forApricot Rhubarb Conserve
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2012
"the flavour was really good, but too sweet, I did cut the sugar by 1/2 cup. Will def do this again."