Apricot-Raspberry Angel Torte
Guests will never guess you used a prepared angel food cake and canned pie filling to create this gorgeous torte. The addition of fresh raspberries lends a from-scratch touch. —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) apricot or peach pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Fresh mint leaves
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until light and fluffy; fold in whipped topping.
- Split cake into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the cream cheese mixture. Top with a third of the pie filling, raspberries and almonds. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with mint. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 370 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Raspberry Angel Torte in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010