Apricot-Raspberry Angel Torte
Guests will never guess you used a prepared angel food cake and canned pie filling to create this gorgeous torte. The addition of fresh raspberries lends a from-scratch touch. —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) apricot or peach pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Fresh mint leaves
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until light and fluffy; fold in whipped topping.
- Split cake into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the cream cheese mixture. Top with a third of the pie filling, raspberries and almonds. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with mint. Refrigerate leftovers.