Guests will never guess you used a prepared angel food cake and canned pie filling to create this gorgeous torte. The addition of fresh raspberries lends a from-scratch touch.—Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) apricot or peach pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Fresh mint leaves
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until light and fluffy; fold in whipped topping.
- Split cake into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the cream cheese mixture. Top with a third of the pie filling, raspberries and almonds. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with mint. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Raspberry Angel Torte in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p155