Apricot Pumpkin Cake
Apricots mixed with pumpkin quick bread mix makes a simply delicious moist cake.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 package (14 ounces) pumpkin quick bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Set aside 1/2 cup dried apricots for garnish. In a small bowl, soak remaining apricots in hot water for 5 minutes; drain well. Puree in a food processor or blender.
- In a large bowl, combine the quick bread mix, water, eggs, oil and pureed apricots. Stir in canned apricots. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost cake with cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with pecans and reserved apricots. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 568 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 90g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Apricot Cake in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.