Apricot Pork Roast with Vegetables
After Sunday evening service, I like to serve a pork roast that slow-cooks with flavorful jam and veggies. The amazing aroma draws everyone to the table. —Lisa James, Vancouver, Washington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons water
- 7 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves, divided
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and 3 tablespoons water. Microwave, covered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain and transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots, onion and beef broth. In a small bowl, mix salt, garlic, thyme, sage and pepper; sprinkle half over vegetables.
- Rub remaining seasoning mixture over roast; place meat over vegetables. Spread half of the preserves over roast. Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°).
- Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve with vegetables and remaining preserves.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork with 3/4 cup vegetables: 319 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Pork Roast with Vegetables in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.