Apricot Pork Loin Recipe
This pork dish is pretty to look at and yummy to taste! The stuffing has a great balance of flavors that folks rave about. It's my family's top pick of pork recipes.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1-1/3 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grape juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the apricots, walnuts, garlic, orange peel, 1 teaspoon thyme and salt.
- 2. Cut a pocket along one long side of the roast; stuff with sausage mixture. fill pocket in roast with stuffing. Tie roast with string and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the marmalade, broth and lemon and grape juices; pour half over roast. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining thyme.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Baste with remaining marmalade mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145° for pork. Let stand 5 minutes; remove string before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 335 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Pork Loin
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC