Apricot Pork Loin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1-1/3 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grape juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the apricots, walnuts, garlic, orange zest, 1 teaspoon thyme and salt.
- Cut a pocket along one long side of the roast; stuff with sausage mixture. fill pocket in roast with stuffing. Tie roast with string and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the marmalade, broth and lemon and grape juices; pour half over roast. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining thyme.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Baste with remaining marmalade mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145° for pork. Let stand 5 minutes; remove string before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 335 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 13, 2011
Made for a Sunday dinner for family, pork was really tender and juicy. Instead of cutting pork like in picture, I made a slit in the center of the pork and stuffed it. I took the drippings from the pan stranded them and served with the meat, it was a hit.