Apricot-Pistachio Chicken Salad Sandwiches
I ordered an entrée similar to this at the local museum café and liked it so much I decided to make something similar. At the museum it was served as a filling for a sandwich made with lettuce, tomato and thinly sliced red onion. I tend to serve it as a salad during the summer. It’s really good on a hot day.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- Dash white pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices sweet onion
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce, tomato, onion and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 677 calories, 30g fat (7g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1254mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Chicken Salad with Pistachios in Reminisce Extra July 2008