Apricot-Pecan Wild Rice
Dried apricots add sweetness and color to this dish. Seasoned with sage and thyme, the down-home dish is sure to have guests asking for seconds at your house, too.—Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 cups cooked wild rice
- 3/4 pound dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute onions and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
3/4 cup: 204 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC