Apricot Pecan Tassies Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes), softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine brown sugar, egg, vanilla, salt and remaining butter. Stir in apricots and pecans; set aside. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Spoon 1 teaspoon apricot mixture into each cup. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 119 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Apricot Pecan Tassies
"The filling was excellent! The dough was a bit flat! Next time I will try these with only 3 tablespoons of cream cheese and add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla for flavor. They did disappear in no time!"
"What is a Tassie? Is it some form of tart?"
"how much of an 8 oz. pack of cream cheese is 6 Tablespoons?"