Apricot Pecan Sauce
I need just six ingredients to make this speedy sauce. I enjoy fixing this simple dessert for all of our grandchildren.—Eleanor Martens, Rosenort, Manitoba
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, cream and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until blended. Stir in pecans, vanilla and rum extract if desired. Remove from the heat. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 168 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Pecan Sauce in Quick Cooking September/October 2002