Apricot Pecan Bread
Enjoy slices of this fruit and nut quick bread alongside breakfast or as a snack any time of day. One loaf won't last long!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the egg, orange juice and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and apricots.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 247 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Pecan Bread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.